Tuesday, August 6, 2019

火锅大王 Hotpot 中华人民共和国 News




I obviously agree with everything you say..and I’ll finally send you an email on Patreon, because, despite knowing the backlash I’m going to get; I’ve been de-friended by MANY friends and acquaintances on twitter and Facebook already. Heck, I was wearing my “I Love China” T-shirt last week and the older gentleman who delivers my groceries announced he can no longer deliver to me. I KNEW the shirt would spark conversations-which is fine and what I intended; but this fellow baby-Boomer didn’t want a conversation, he inexplicably cited his Christian faith and veteran status that he didn’t feel comfortable around a “Satanic Communist”. SAY WHAT??

 I was dumbfounded...still am. I spoke to one of the girls at the store where I get my groceries because he refused to talk to me and left, refusing his usual tip. My friend at the store, Janine, said that some people in this town still think the yoga ashram up the road, (where I lived and worked for over 2 years when I first moved here-this was over 10 years ago, shortly after my accident and yoga therapy got me out of, and keeps me out of, a wheelchair), is some kind of satanic commune. I KNEW there were people like that when I moved into town, but considering all the money the Institute has brought to this town, saving many businesses from bankruptcy, AND people from the institute being active in everything from healthcare to local government, I thought things had changed. So, THATS where the “satanic” part comes from, and if I’ve learned anything from this town, it’s that it’s racism and bigotry run deep. 😔. I usually stay to myself and no longer have any close friends around here. My black and Indian friends moved away when the harassment and bullying reached a point they were concerned about safety. I HAD planned on moving myself this summer..but it doesn’t appear that’s going to happen now. Anyways, back to China-I’ve actually had a couple of great conversations with some people. I’m friends with the family who own the local taxi service and she said they would even consider visiting China now for their twice yearly international trips. 😁

When she came by to pick up some Chinese food I had made too much of last week; we sat down and I showed her some pictures my son had taken in China and gave her the link to some videos, yes, yours, but also the Xinhua News Channel New China TV, CGTN’s series on scenic & historic places, and a few others. I gave her a small box of extra stuff I had, including some Chinese bilingual children’s books someone sent me by mistake-for her grandchildren. My idea is that I’ve started writing a piece about my own views on China that I will eventually post on Medium. I’m finding that trying to explain everything to someone online, whether through twitter or Facebook; ends up not helping. After this tragic weekend, it’s been extremely disheartening seeing so many jump on the conspiracy bandwagon. It seems many people are completely stuck in the mindset that EVERYTHING MUST be EITHER pure black or white, far-left or far-right, pro-gun or complete ban...NO GREY areas are accepted. Trying to talk to these folks about China ends up the same way- Pro-China =“brainwashed communist party member”...OR you have to hate China. My mind just can NOT wrap around these concepts and I have no idea if they can be reasoned with. It’s been a complete shock for me to see, hear and read how effective the anti-China propaganda machine has been...and I continue to hear it daily with mainstream media using the non-existent “China planted backdoor chips in Apple phones”, (DESPITE Apple insistence, IN CONGRESS, that they didn’t), the frequent claims of current “intellectual property theft”; things like this are brought up EVERY TIME they discuss trade with China. I heard someone on Fox last week insisting that China had built up the islands in the South China Sea AND had plans for building up “a Bay Area”, specifically for possible action against the US. 🙄. When the public is constantly hearing this steady stream of misinformation, HOW do we convince them of THE TRUTH?? I’m just going to do my best to write something truthful, AND encourage people to actually talk to people from/in China. I’ve just been so shocked recently at how I don’t recognize many of the things happening in my country anymore. I feel like an outsider, stuck watching more fear, anger, and hatred than I’ve ever seen before; and millions have already built a “wall”, around themselves and refuse to let in anything that doesn’t confirm their already held biases. 😔
https://中华人民共和国.blogspot.com/
 SERENASUN

No comments:

Post a Comment